Here's the thing: writing is scary. Very scary.
Look what we're risking:
- Success (yes, that's a threat, and is a sneaky one that can stop you in your tracks. More information on that in Unleash The Writer.)
- Losing Control - having to trust the process
- Experiencing strong emotions (to write them well, in a way that the reader can feel them, you need to feel them too. And that hurts.)
Our subconscious wants to keep us safe from all those things, so it'll try every trick in its power to stop us experiencing them. And the best of way of doing that is to stop us writing. Hence writers' block.
But there is a solution, and it's EFT. EFT is a way of tapping on acupuncture points to erase limiting beliefs and negative emotions, and it works gangbusters. EFT doesn't change reality - yes, your manuscript might still be rejected by an agent. But it changes your perception so that, for example, rejection no longer seems like a devastating blow, but rather just a minor blip.
You can use EFT yourself to erase your blocks. Or you can decide you'd rather be writing your novel than reinventing the wheel, and use my book Unleash The Writer.
Unleash The Writer is a foolproof step-by-step process. Just follow the instructions and eliminate the blocks.
Yes, it really is as simple as that!
After working through Unleash The Writer you will be free of issues such as:
- Who do I think I am to be a writer? That’s what other people do, not me.
- I have a little voice constantly running me down and criticising my work.
- Other writers are so much better than I am, so there’s no point doing this.
- I’ll be letting everybody down if I don’t make a success of this.
- They'll be jealous of me and not like me if I do make a success of this.
- It’ll be such a waste of time if I don’t succeed.
- I can’t make myself sit down and write.
- I get so easily distracted.
- And 70 others - covering every block that comes between you and your work.
Can you imagine what it would be like to hold your own published novel in your hands? I've had that experience, of holding my book, and I can tell you that - second only to holding your newborn baby - it's the most amazing, profound, exhilerating wonderful experience ever. I truly wish that experience for all writers.
To get to that stage is a journey though. A practical journey, but also a journey of overcoming self-doubt and limiting beliefs.
To get published you need to:
- Finish your novel despite all the fear.
- Make it an outstandingly excellent novel.
- Send it out to agents and publishers, and keep sending it out until you find an agent.
Unleash The Writer will help you accomplish all three stages:
- It helps you finish the novel without sabotaging yourself so you abandon it.
- It opens the door to your creativity so that the work is as good and innovative as it possibly can be.
- And it helps you so, so much through the challenging process of finding an agent. It's be like having a friend to hold your hand and help you through the rejections.