An athlete doesn’t turn up and expect to run the marathon without training - both physical and mental training. Writers are no different, although we somehow think we are. Just as an athlete cannot produce his/her desired outcome (speed and stamina) without training, we cannot produce our desired outcome (that creativity) without training.
And read below for information on your mental training, which will help you produce enough creative writing ideas to last you a life-time.
- The first thing to do is to read what exactly causes writer's block, to understand why we have blocked our creativity.
- Also check out the brilliant Ted Talk on Do Schools Kill Creativity? for a thorough understanding of this.
- You might like also to read my pages on creativity in writing and creative writing tips.
- And then I suggest you check out my book Unleash The Writer which gives you the perfect tool to erase all the negative programming you got, and to programme your mind for success.
- Then I invite you to visit the magical world of freewriting in order to train your brain to come up with creative writing ideas on demand.
- And finally, check out the comprehensive list of creative writing prompts and creativity techniques.